What should I do if my wife has manic depression? Is it possible to stay married?

Dr. Alan Ali
In brief: Bipolar
Sure it is.
As long as she has good support system, good therapist, and complies with prescribed medications if she is on meds., prognosis is favorable.

In brief: Bipolar
Sure it is.
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology
In brief: He has to want it
Your wife has to want therapy and medication, and all you can really do is encourage her to seek both and engage deeply and meaningfully in the therapeutic process.
You simply cannot do it for her, much as you'd like to. You can either be her husband or her therapist. You cannot be both, and even though you want to see her get better, trying to be both simply will not work. Yes, it is possible.

In brief: He has to want it
Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Eric Weisman