How can I treat my compulsive overeating without going to see a therapist?

Dr. David LaMond
Bariatrics
In brief: Try FAA
Compulsion is part of a spectrum of disorders like OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) and in the setting of food, really is related to food addiction.
I would seek professional counseling or get plugged in with an experienced bariatric physician. Another resource to get you started is faa, food addicts anonymous. http://www.foodaddictsanonymous.org/.

In brief: Try FAA
Dr. David LaMond
Dr. David LaMond
Dr. Adam Front
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Overeaters Anonymous
Many people try diets, gastric bypass, "medical weight mgmt" programs (severe liquid meal replacement for rapid wt loss), etc.
Many who take these drastic steps gain the wt back over & over. Oa is not a diet club. It is a program of mutual support based on the 12 steps of aa. It is about changing yr relationship w food. "face yr stuff instead of stuff yr face." find meetings & info @ www.Oa.Org.

In brief: Overeaters Anonymous
Dr. Adam Front
Dr. Adam Front
Dr. Jack Hinkle