Up and I find it hard to play with this swollen finger, that was sprained last week. What do I do, continue buddy tape?

Dr. Raymond Raven
Surgery - Hand Surgery
In brief: See a doctor
Could be serious.
Maybe not. Unfortunately, even severe injuries could look innocuous. I personally feel it is important to have these injuries evaluated in order to rule out a more sinister injury. It could mean the difference between 3 weeks of buddy taping and surgery...

In brief: See a doctor
Could be serious.
Dr. Raymond Raven
Dr. Raymond Raven
Dr. Theodore Shybut
Sports Medicine
In brief: Yes+get xray/see doc
If you have not been evaluated yet, you should see a hand specialist/hand surgeon for exam and xray to rule out a fracture (broken bone) or a more significant soft-tissue injury; some finger injuries thought to be sprains can be more serious injuries that need splinting or surgery to prevent development of deformity or permanent loss of motion.
Good luck!

In brief: Yes+get xray/see doc
Good luck!
Dr. Theodore Shybut
Dr. Theodore Shybut
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine