Is actiq a good choice for breakthrough pain?

In brief: Maybe
The active ingredient in Actiq is fentanyl, the same medication in the Duragesic patch.
As such, i tend to prescribe fentanyl products for breakthrough pain in my patients with chronic pain on around the clock opioid treatment. Actiq works well, but takes a while to kick in, and needs to be rubbed on the cheek for a while. There are other products that work faster and not swallowed as much.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Alan Koenigsberg
Dr. Alan Koenigsberg
Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
Pain Management
In brief: Actiq
Actiq contains fentanyl.
The onset and duration closely resembles that of btp. Since Actiq there are newer forms that work quicker while keeping the same duration. The fda in their infinite.

In brief: Actiq
Actiq contains fentanyl.
Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
Dr. Romanth Waghmarae