My back pain is unbearable. I have had two epidurals and a nerve block with no relief. Is there anything else?

Dr. Tarek Shahbandar
Anesthesiology

In brief: Depends on cause

Epidurals often help back pain if you have a disk herniation and you have pain shooting down the leg or legs.
If most of the pain is coming from joints in your back (facet joints), the epidural has little effect. Also, you may need physical therapy with the injections to help. Again, it depends on cause of back pain.

In brief: Depends on cause

Dr. Tarek Shahbandar
Dr. Tarek Shahbandar
Dr. Nicholas Nomicos
General Practice

In brief: Pain specialist.

You're already receiving aggressive care, and should have a pain specialist working with you.
If you're working with a trained pain specialist, good. If not, you need to be working with one.

In brief: Pain specialist.

Dr. Nicholas Nomicos
Dr. Nicholas Nomicos