Which is better, laughing gas or anesthesia when have your wisdom teeth out ?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: Ask the Surgeon

The person peforming the procedure is always a good person to ask and have everything explained to you.
Laughing gas btw is not a substiture for anesthesia. At minimum you will still get local anesthesia. I, myslef when having the procedure had both local anesthesia and "laughing gas" and procedure was smooth with no pain.

In brief: Ask the Surgeon

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Lawrence Falender
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: IV sedation

Nitrous oxide is a relative analgesia and may be ok for simple third molar surgery.
When the wisdom teeth are impacted, i always recommend the IV sedation, which allows a patient to sleep through the procedure with little memory of the process.

In brief: IV sedation

Dr. Lawrence Falender
Dr. Lawrence Falender
Dr. Daniel Quon
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Depends

If you prefer to be unaware of the procedure and have minimal if any recall, intravenous sedation or general anesthesia would be recommended.
Your dentist or surgeon can provide you with more information to help you decide based on the position of the wisdom teeth.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Daniel Quon
Dr. Daniel Quon
Dr. Richard Pollard
Anesthesiology

In brief: See below

Laughing gas is a form of anesthesia that is commonly used in dentists offices.
Wisdom teeth can be taken out with local anesthesia and some sedation. Rarely is full general anesthesia needed.

In brief: See below

Dr. Richard Pollard
Dr. Richard Pollard
Dr. Peter Zimmerman
Pain Management

In brief: Versed

I had mine out 25 years ago with concious sedation.
Smooth induction, no nresidual effect, and peri-procedural retrograde amnesia.

In brief: Versed

Dr. Peter Zimmerman
Dr. Peter Zimmerman
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery