Can irradiation get rid off food poisoning from e. Coli and salmonella?

Yes. Irradiating food can stop e. Coli and salmonella, two bacterial causes of food poisoning from contaminated meat and poultry. The bacteria shigella and campylobacter, plus the parasite toxoplasma, can also be stopped by irradiation of food.
It depends. While irradiation can kill bacteria at the time of treatment it won't stop new growth if the food is mishandled. There are other problems that irradiation won't fix like toxins that can be produced by some bacteria like e. Coli.