I have varicose eczema in my right leg . What should I do?

Dr. John Ebner
Dermatology
In brief: Stasis Dermatitis?
Varicose eczema may be another term used to describe "stasis dermatitis".
This is seen on the legs below the knees and results from poor circulation in the legs. The blood in the veins does not circulate well and pools in the legs and can leak out into the skin. This causes irritation and then a rash with itching and sometimes pain. Exercise, support stockings, and topical steroids help.

In brief: Stasis Dermatitis?
Dr. John Ebner
Dr. John Ebner
Dr. Ted King
Phlebology
In brief: See a phlebologist
Steroid creams can treat the symptoms and appearance of varicose eczema temporarily, and any md can prescribe these.
However, if more long term control of the eczema is needed, then the underlying venous disease that is causing the problem should be treated. This is best done by a vein specialist.

In brief: See a phlebologist
Dr. Ted King
Dr. Ted King