Can food stored in a metal container poison you?

Dr. Charles Miller
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Depends
Usually if it's stainless steel, it'll be ok, but if it's a pewter or lead container, then i would avoid eating tose foods.
I don't think that this is much of an issue in this day and age, but heating foods in the microwave with saran wrap over them can put toxins in the food.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Charles Miller
Dr. Charles Miller
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology
In brief: Food stored in metal
If dry food, it may deteriorate but is unlikely to poison you.
If wet and tightly sealed, it may develop toxic bacteria such as botulism which can poison you and others that can may you sick. If stored in a container containing mercury or lead, it might leach out these toxic metals which can also cause poisoning.

In brief: Food stored in metal
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Adam Smith