How can I tell if my baby is cold?

In brief: Chill bumps
Babies do some unique and some common things when cold.
The common thing is chill bumps, the bump representing a hair that would be raised in a furry animal. The unique thing is shifting blood flow away from the skin in areas we know are lost to frost bite.The pale hands, feet, ears, nose &lips (that pink up in a warm bath) show the process. Mild palor is common in a room at normal ac temperatures.

In brief: Chill bumps
Dr. Irwin Berkowitz
In brief: Acrocyanosis
Usually babies who are cold have a protective mechanism to keep their essential organs warm. They reduce the blood flow to nonessential parts particularly the extremities.
This is called acrocyanosis, a condition in which the hands and feet look blue while the lips and face remain pink.

In brief: Acrocyanosis
Dr. Irwin Berkowitz
Dr. Irwin Berkowitz
Dr. Jonathan Jassey