I am 5 months pregnant and my legs have been getting red & blotchy. Could this be from poor blood circulation?

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
In brief: Probably not
Although it may be hard to explain your symptoms based on the limited history you provided, i don't think your symptoms are related to poor circulation.
Things you may your ob/gyn about are clots in your veins, skin infection or rash.

In brief: Probably not
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Andrew Villa
In brief: Increase circulation
The most common cause of this is that during pregnancy there is an increase in your blood circulation.
Many times there are small vlood vessels in the skin that become more open (dilated) and cause areas of the skin to appear red. If you press on these areas you will usually see the area turn white (blanching). There are other possible causes so you should have your OB physician evaluate this.

In brief: Increase circulation
Dr. Andrew Villa
Dr. Andrew Villa
Dr. Jane Van Dis