I have nasal congestion due to a cold, how can I get relief?

Dr. Phil Zapanta
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Nasal or oral

For simple nasal congestion after a cold, you can use: oxymetazoline nasal spray, over the counter oral decongestants, or a saline irrigation solution.
If you have high blood pressure or other heart issues, the oral decongestant is not the best choice as it is a potential stimulant to the heart. Then the nasal spray might be the better choice. Personally i always recommend the topical solutions.

In brief: Nasal or oral

Dr. Phil Zapanta
Dr. Phil Zapanta
Dr. Tom Harrington

In brief: Nasal congestion

Warm salt water sniffs or long hot shower sudafed if not hypertensive -afrin nasal spray for 3-4 days.

In brief: Nasal congestion

Dr. Tom Harrington
Dr. Tom Harrington
Dr. Peter Kurzweil