I have abdominal pain, anemia, liver hemangioma, and gallbladder polyp. Should I be worried about cancer?

Dr. Carlo Contreras
Surgery - Oncology

In brief: Depends

Abdominal pain and anemia, if you are over the age of 50 should raise the suspicion of cancer.
If you haven't had a recent colonoscopy, this would be a good idea. Gallbladder polyps unless they are about 5-6 mm in size are usually harmless. Liver hemangiomas don't have an appreciable cancer risk. It would be good to make an appointment with a gastroenterologist.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Carlo Contreras
Dr. Carlo Contreras
Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery

In brief: Potpourri

It sounds to me that you have had a lot of tests to evaluate your abdominal pain.
The polyp (if <1cm) is of no concern; ditto the hemangioma (if<4cm). Anemia requires a formal evaluation to identify the cause. Abdominal pain, likewise, requires a thorough evaluation to get to the bottom of this. I suggest you see your primary care doctor to help connect the dots and understand the next steps.

In brief: Potpourri

Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Anthony Back
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Many possibilities!

It's not clearly cancer from what you're saying, although i can see why you would be worried.
But more workup is needed.

In brief: Many possibilities!

But more workup is needed.
Dr. Anthony Back
Dr. Anthony Back
Dr. Steven Seres