How can you tell when a blood clot has ruptured?

Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: Don't understand ?

A blood clot is an aggregation of red blood cells, platelets and many clotting factors all together. Without clotting, we would all bleed to death in some way.
A clot does not rupture per se. It can break loose and travel or it can break up into smaller parts but i don't understand "rupture" from your question. Please re-ask perhaps in a different context.

In brief: Don't understand ?

Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Ted King
Phlebology

In brief: Ruptured?

I am with dr. Proffitt on this one.
I am not sure what you mean by ruptured. If you mean having a clot break off and travel, you would tell that by any symptoms that you might have in addition to studies and scans such as ultrasounds, ct or MRI scans , nuclear imaging, and possibly venograms.

In brief: Ruptured?

I am with dr. Proffitt on this one.
Dr. Ted King
Dr. Ted King
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology