What is recovery time after carotid artery surgery?

Dr. Kevin Nolan
Surgery - Vascular
In brief: Recovery after CEA
I ask my patients to see me back in the office around 7-10 days after the procedure and tell them they can return to full speed at that point but the neck will take about 4-6 weeks to go back to flat again.

In brief: Recovery after CEA
Dr. Kevin Nolan
Dr. Kevin Nolan
Dr. Shadi Abu Halimah
Surgery - Vascular
In brief: 2-6 weeks
This really depends on if the patient has stroke or not , if not then couple of weeks will be enough for the patient to go for full activity but avoid strenuous excercise or heavy lifting for 6 weeks.

In brief: 2-6 weeks
Dr. Shadi Abu Halimah
Dr. Shadi Abu Halimah
Dr. Mark Milunski
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Carotid surgery
It is generally a one or two day hospitalization and several weeks at home after that depending on your recovery process and your surgeons instructions.

In brief: Carotid surgery
Dr. Mark Milunski
Dr. Mark Milunski
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology