My doctor said my normal CT scans means I have no blocked arteries. Is this true?

Dr. Rodeen Rahbar
Surgery - Vascular
In brief: Seek clarification
It's always best to seek clarification from the doctor who gave you the information.
If you are not satisfied, ask for a copy of the images on cd and take to a second doctor for another opinion.

In brief: Seek clarification
Dr. Rodeen Rahbar
Dr. Rodeen Rahbar
In brief: Partially
It depends on the type of ct scan, the location, and the arteries in question.
A ct angio is a good test to see blockages in arteries, but a regular ct scan is less helpful, and a ct scan with no IV contrast cannot diagnose this at all. Certain larger arteries are seen better than smaller ones. Also, ct scan is better at diagnosing a complete blockage. Small or partial blockages can be missed.

In brief: Partially
Dr. Vineet Choudhry
Dr. Vineet Choudhry
Dr. Irv Loh
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Likely insignificant
If this was a ct angiogram, probably low risk of significant disease.
If a ct calcium score, less likely, but still encouraging news.

In brief: Likely insignificant
Dr. Irv Loh
Dr. Irv Loh
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery