If a 35 year old has a heart attack, will there be more in the future?

Dr. Christopher Dowd

In brief: Risk is high

A heart attack at an early age suggests high risk of another one.
However risk is not the same as a sure thing! if this were my pt, i would recommend a comprehensive eval of his/her cardiovascular risks, and then a treatment plan to address it. Eval should go beyond a standard cholesterol panel & BP check. Tx will include good diet, exercise, no tob, getting to ideal weight and certain meds.

In brief: Risk is high

Dr. Christopher Dowd
Dr. Christopher Dowd
Dr. William Walsh
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Probably

35 is very young to have a myocardial infarct.
Even people with familial hyperlipidemia don't often have disease so early. Statins, aspirin, and other drugs can greatly reduce the risk of further disease, but such a person will need to make radical life changes to avoid further trouble.

In brief: Probably

Dr. William Walsh
Dr. William Walsh