What happens if I have a fistula?

See your doctor. See a colon and rectal surgeon and have it removed surgically. There are different kinds of treatment available.
Anal Fistula. Anal fistula can cause pain, bleeding, discharge and infection. They should be evaluated and treated by a surgeon skilled and comfortable with anorectal diseases. Fistula can be complicated or simple and may require more than one surgery. Fistula should be treated; they rarely resolve on their own.