If I get evlt, and then later I get pregnant, will my varicose veins come back?

Dr. Steven Zimmet
Aesthetic Medicine

In brief: Suggest treatment

In my experience and opinion, you will likely do better from a vein standpoint if you go into a pregnancy in better vein shape than if you have significant varicose veins.
I've had patients have evlt, get pregnant, and do just fine. However, some new veins may appear during pregnancy.

In brief: Suggest treatment

Dr. Steven Zimmet
Dr. Steven Zimmet
Dr. Ted King
Phlebology

In brief: Better off to treat

I agree with drs.
Zimmett, w-k, and welker, treatment now will take care of your varicose veins and what you have now is not at all likely to come back. Unfortunately, you might develop some new varicose veins with a pregnancy but anything new that might show up will almost certainly be far less than you would have developed if you had gone into the pregnancy needing an evlt.

In brief: Better off to treat

I agree with drs.
Dr. Ted King
Dr. Ted King

In brief: Why suffer

I don't see why anyone should delay treatment of varicose vein disease until after completion of child-bearing.
The chances of a treated vein opening up again during pregnancy are very low. Some women will experience failure of previously normal veins during pregnancy, which can then be treated.

In brief: Why suffer

Dr. Robert WorthingtonKirsch
Dr. Robert WorthingtonKirsch

In brief: Unlikely

Evlt and its cousin evrt are very good at permanent prevention of varicose veins.
No treatment is perfect though!

In brief: Unlikely

No treatment is perfect though!
Dr. Scott Welker
Dr. Scott Welker
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery