I have a bulging varicose vein on my leg, how do I get rid of it besides surgery?

Dr. Steven Zimmet
Aesthetic Medicine

In brief: Various treatments

Treatment of varicose veins begins with a consultation with a vein specialist/phlebologist.
A history, physical and duplex ultrasound are critical to understanding your particular pattern of vein problems. A treatment plan is devised based on this information, and could include endovenous ablation, phlebotomy &/or sclerotherapy. These are effective minimally-invasive alternatives to surgery.

In brief: Various treatments

Dr. Steven Zimmet
Dr. Steven Zimmet
Dr. Ted King
Phlebology

In brief: No more surgery

As dr. Zimmett said, there are a number of good treatment options for bulging varicose veins that don't require surgery any more.
The first thing to do is to see a vein specialist/phlebologist. You need to have a standing venous ultrasound exam. The results will then determine what treatment options are available to you.

In brief: No more surgery

Dr. Ted King
Dr. Ted King
Dr. Frederick Coville
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Choices

Injections are an option, surgery and laser treatments are other options.
Your choices will depend on the reasons you have these veins. See a vascular surgeon or plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

In brief: Choices

Dr. Frederick Coville
Dr. Frederick Coville
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery