Is it normal for a leg to swell after varicose vein surgery?

Depends. A little temporary swelling after any significant varicose vein procedure, whether it be sclerotherapy, laser ablation, rf, or surgery, can be normal. Normal swelling should be minimal though and it usually goes away in 2-3 weeks. If you have a lot of swelling, if it suddenly appears, if it lasts more than 3 weeks, and/or if there is redness and/or pain, you should see your doctor.
Maybe. . . depends. If can be quite normal to have some mild swelling in the leg after vein surgery, but you always need to worry about potential blood clots after vein operations so it is better to be cautious & call your vascular surgeon to see if a ultrasound is indicated. Swelling is more common with phlebectomy or treatment of larger veins. Excessive swelling or pain should prompt a ultrasound or D-dimer test.
A little. But it is possible to have a blood clot or lymphedema after this operation. See your surgeon promptly!
Varicose veins. Swelling is part of the healing process of inflammation, it should resolve within a short time. If if persists the need to figure out why.
Every significant. Swelling after any procedure vor varicose veins should be suspicious for deep vein thrombosis that in untreated cases can cause pulmonary emboli and death as well. So, if calf gets swollen and tight on should have immediately a new ultrasound examination of the deep veins stat>.