What should I do my right knee hurts and I also have varicose veins on my right foot?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry
In brief: Visit an Orthopedist
Pain is an obvious sign something is wrong.
Why wait for it to get worse? The more you wait the more damage you can be doing. I would recommend icing the knee until you can get to a doctor. You can also try one of the various knee braces available at a sporting goods store. I don't believe the varicose veins on your right foot are related to your right knee pain.

In brief: Visit an Orthopedist
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. John Landi
Phlebology
In brief: Ortho eval first.
Actually, i frequently see patients with varicose veins around their knee referred for vein treatment prior to arthroscopy or knee replacement surgery.
I feel that your knee pain and ankle varicose veins are 2 separate problems. Your knee pain is the priority and should be evaluated first. Once this is resolved then you can have your veins evaluated electively.

In brief: Ortho eval first.
Dr. John Landi
Dr. John Landi
Dr. Ted King
Phlebology
In brief: Related?
Although we do see knee pain that results from varicose veins, it is very unusual.
It would not be something that i would expect as a first cause of knee pain. As dr. Proffitt said, you can try anti-inflammatory meds and ice first but if that doesn't help, see an orthpedist or a sports medicine specialist as dr. Isobe suggested.

In brief: Related?
Dr. Ted King
Dr. Ted King
Dr. Danny Proffitt
In brief: Several Things
Many reasons for knee pain.
Try hot packs or ice packs and if not contraindicated, take some Ibuprofen or naproxen. Do some stretching and gentle exercises and see if it improves. If not, see your pcp or an orthopedist. Varicose veins, if painful can be treated. See a general surgeon or other physician reputable in vein treatment and get an opinion. Support hosiery may help.

In brief: Several Things
Many reasons for knee pain.
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Thomas Wright
Phlebology
In brief: Probably separate
I agree with dr landi knee pain and ankle varicose veins are separate problems.
The knee pain is probably a joint problem and should be evaluated by an orthopedic surgeon but I have seen some varicose veins around the knee cause pain. The varicose vein on your right foot is as dr landi stated a less urgent medical concern but can be evaluated at a later date if causing symptoms or is a concern.

In brief: Probably separate
Dr. Thomas Wright
Dr. Thomas Wright
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine