Can I go on disability if I have an acute DVT that affects my alertness?

Dr. Ankush Bansal

In brief: ?

I don't understand how a DVT can affect your alertness.
A DVT is a deep vein thrombosis - usually in the leg or arm. If your alertness is affected, that's something in the brain. The only reason to go on disability (temporary) from a DVT is if you are unable to walk because of it and your job requires it. But that should last just a few weeks at most.

In brief: ?

Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. John Landi
Phlebology

In brief: DVT/alertnesss

DVT should not affect your mental acuity in any way.
If you have problems with mentation then it is due to another cause. There is no indication for disability as I see it. If you have an alertness problem then you should see a neurologist.

In brief: DVT/alertnesss

Dr. John Landi
Dr. John Landi
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology