I have aortic valve stenosis. Is lifting 10lb dumbbells bad for my heart and valve?

Dr. Robert Binford
Surgery - Thoracic
In brief: Depends
It really depends on the severity of your aortic stenosis.
If it is mild and you have no symptoms then exercise should not be a problem. However if it is severe and you have symptoms then i would not recommend exercise until you have recovered from your aortic valve surgery. Your best resource is your doctor who can actually examine you.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Robert Binford
Dr. Robert Binford
Dr. Gutti Rao
Internal Medicine - Hospital-based practice
In brief: Depends
Depends on the severity of stenosis and if symptomatic or not.
If you can lift 10lbs without any shortness of breath or chest pain, you probably can continue doing it. If you have associated CHF then you should not attempt it. Suggest to see a cardiologist ask his opinion as well.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Gutti Rao
Dr. Gutti Rao
Dr. Steven Seres