Can I mix together Pulmicort and albuterol in my nebulizer?

Dr. Kenneth Backman
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
Yes, pulmocort and albuterol can be mixed in a single nebulizee treatment.
Pulmocort is a controller medication that should be used regularly, whereas albuterol is a reliever medication that does not need to be used regularly.

Dr. Kenneth Backman
Dr. Kenneth Backman
Dr. Steven Machtinger
In brief: Devil in details
The large volume of liquid will increase the time of treatment.
Its actually faster to take these medications separately. It also puts a strain on the compressor and shortens the lifespan of your equipment. Ask your physician to order Albuterol Inhalation solution 0.5%. You add 0.25 or 0.5 ml of this to your pulmicort ampule and get both medications with less volume. Saves time & equipment.

In brief: Devil in details
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology