Which do you recommend, cod liver oil vs. Fish oil?

Dr. Seema Patel
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Omega 3 is good

Many people can not eat enough fish to get sufficienct omega 3.
I am a firm advocate of taking this. I like fish oil better than cod liver oil due to its purification and processing. For heart disease it is 2-4 grams, for joint paint 4-6 grams and for prevention 2grams. For mental health it is dha not epa that you need.

In brief: Omega 3 is good

Dr. Seema Patel
Dr. Seema Patel
Dr. Steven Charlap
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Neither

I recommend wild alaskan salmon filets, burgers, canned, and sliced any day over any pill.
I also recommend wild cod, halibut, and occasional herring, sardines, and anchovies (high in purines), tuna (high in mercury) as substitutes. No reason to take pills unless you really dislike fish.

In brief: Neither

Dr. Steven Charlap
Dr. Steven Charlap
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology