Can you take Claritin (loratadine) and atarax together?

Yes for hives. Claritin (loratadine) in the morning and Atarax at bedtime is a good combination for treating hives. The Atarax can be used as an as needed if hives breakthough in the evening and make it hard to sleep. Remember that the drowsiness & delayed reaction time caused by Atarax may still be present the next morning. If you need two antihistamines to control hives you should be under a physician's care.
Yes, but... While there is no direct medication interaction, that is a lot of antihistamine. I wouldn't advise the combination and would probably do allergy testing (immunecap blood testing specific for your area) to see if you really need that much antihistamine or if a symptom centered combination would be more beneficial.