My doctor says that I had the hiv. What does that mean for my pregnancy?

In brief: Need help

With proper medication you can remain as healthy as possible and drop the risk that baby will get it to at or below 5%.
This will require an infectious disease specialist and an OB with experience with HIV care.

In brief: Need help

Dr. PAUL EUN

In brief: High risk

If you are already pregnant, you will need to see specialists in infectious diseases and perinatologist to help monitor and treat your condition throughout the pregnancy.
You will likely need to be on medications to try to prevent the transmission of the virus to the baby.

In brief: High risk

Dr. PAUL EUN
Dr. PAUL EUN
Dr. Jonathan Jassey