Why am I having rapid heart beat and breathing problems all of a sudden on stairs. I did ok a year ago at 60?

Rapid heart rate. If you are having rapid heart rate on climbing up stairs, (which did not happen before) you really need to get checked, it could be atrial fibrillation or CHF etc.
Many things. Dehydration causes low blood pressure. The heart beats faster to compensate. Normal exertion should increase heart rate. Thyroid disease may cause it. And there are many abnormalities of the hearts electrical system that may cause a rapid heart rate. Atral fibrillation is common in your age group.