What are the benefits of a high fiber diet?

Dr. Martin Fried
General Practice
In brief: Prevent cancer
High fiber diets, prevent colorectal cancer, and help people with constipation.
The fiber enables you to have more frequent and softer bowel movements. Toxins and contaminants in food, don't stay as long in the colon as those who are not on high fiber diets, so there is less exposure to cancer causing toxins.

In brief: Prevent cancer
Dr. Martin Fried
Dr. Martin Fried
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
In brief: Many benefits
I describe dietary fiber to be like eating microscopic sponges.
These "sponges" absorb water (keeping the stools soft, reducing constipation and reducing colon cancer), and absorb dietary fat (reducing cholesterol and triglycerides, thus reducing heart disease.).

In brief: Many benefits
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng