Newborn pneumonia after a week. Was it a missed diagnosis? Had gbs.

In brief: Disease proression

GBS is variable in it's pattern .
If the germ transfers to baby during early labor, they are often symptomatic at birth and easily recognized.Since they normally enter baby through the nasal passages/lungs,a pneumonia is a common feature.If acquired in late labor or during delivery, GBS disease may wait up to 6 weeks before emerging.Without the chart, I cannot say if it was missed, but likely not

In brief: Disease proression

GBS is variable in it's pattern .
Dr. Jason Adler
Pediatrics - Critical Care

In brief: GBS

Gbs is a bacteria that is well described to cause neonatal disease.
This question is difficult to answer in the absence of clinical context. However, patients can and do acquire this disease, even when evaluated and managed appropriately.

In brief: GBS

Dr. Jason Adler
Dr. Jason Adler
Dr. Arnon Rubin