Prevention and care of varicose veins on legs during pregnancy?

Compression stocking. Prescription compression stockings are the best treatment for prevention and care of varicose veins when you are pregnant. Ted hose usually don't give you enough compression. There is one study that has shown that nauea and vomiting during pregnancy can even be helped by wearing compression stockings! if you have vulvar and labial varicose veins, a v2 supporter can help. Talk to your obstetrician.
Conservative Rx. Treatment of existing varicose veins, which often become larger and more symptomatic during pregnancy, revolves around treatment of symptoms and conservative therapy: 1) fitted compression stockings (20-30 mm hg) worn during the day 2) intermittent elevation of the legs during the day 3) gentle exercise.
Behavior can help. Hormonal changes can't be stopped, but behavior can help. Do some light exercise and walk. Elevate the legs at rest, but during pregnancy, one should try to lie on the left side with the legs elevated on a pillow, preventing the fetus from pressing on the leg veins and decreasing the chance of developing varicosities. This also helps placenta blood flow. Wait till after delivery for treatment.
Compress & elevate. Multiple simple maneuvers can help decrease varicose vein progression & help with symptoms of discomfort & swelling during pregnancy. Most important is to get fitted for RX compression stockings / hose. Also leg elevation, avoiding prolonged standing, modest walking or aerobic exercise, & calf-pump exercises. Avoid high salt intake. See a vein specialist so therapy post-delivery can be discussed.
Stockings. Ted hose are available over-the-counter, and the common many colors. They look like leggings, but they are firmer compression. Highly recommended in pregnancy. They even make a special version for late term pregnant women.