Who should I inform of my anxiety disorder to make this 18-hour plane trip easier?

Dr. Barbara Lavi
Clinical Psychology
In brief: When are you
scheduled to fly? If you have a couple of weeks, I would suggest contacting a psychologist to develop a progressive desensitization treatment plan.
It involves teaching you a relaxation technique and developing a hierarchy of your anxiety about the flight. Then you imagine the flight (from the least anxiety to most) while relaxed. Some airlines offer assistance to people with fear of flying.

In brief: When are you
Dr. Barbara Lavi
Dr. Barbara Lavi
Dr. Steven Watry
General Practice
In brief: Doctor
You may find that your doctor can help, if you speak openly with him/her.

In brief: Doctor
Dr. Steven Watry
Dr. Steven Watry
Dr. Alan Ali
In brief: Flying
Agree. Also breathing exercises help.

In brief: Flying
Agree. Also breathing exercises help.
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
In brief: See below
Your fp/pcp or a psychiatrist can evaluate you & may prescribe an anxiolytic ("nerve pill" to use before & during the flight.
Alerting one of the flight personnel to your condition will let staff assist you if needed. Involve yourself in reading, watching movie, listening to music, chatting with neighbors to distract self from worries during flight.

In brief: See below
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Byron Law-Yone
In brief: See your MD.
Consult a psychiatrist before the trip.
He/she may give you medication to diminish anxiety and also help you sleep on the flight. If you will be flying with someone tell them about your anxiety and ask if they can help you.

In brief: See your MD.
Consult a psychiatrist before the trip.
Dr. Byron Law-Yone
Dr. Byron Law-Yone