What should I do if my antibiotics haven't worked on my hand infection?

Dr. Mark Wang
Surgery - Hand Surgery
In brief: Hand evaluation
If a hand infection persists, consultation with a hand surgeon and infectious disease specialist may be warranted.
A persistent and severe hand infection may require surgical irrigation and debridement to help eradicate the offending pathogen. An experienced infectious disease specialist can aid in tailoring the appropriate antibiotic treatment.

In brief: Hand evaluation
Dr. Mark Wang
Dr. Mark Wang
Dr. Raymond Raven
Surgery - Hand Surgery
In brief: See a doctor
Some infections are resistant to certain types of antibiotics.
If you were prescribed antibiotics for an infection and your symptoms are not improving, you may need another antibiotic or further treatment. See a doctor as soon as you can.

In brief: See a doctor
Dr. Raymond Raven
Dr. Raymond Raven
Dr. Danny Proffitt
In brief: Get re-checked
Hand infections can be serious! if you are not responding, get back in and get re-checked.
See someone if you cannot get back in. It is too important and too serious. You may need treatment other than antibiotics. You may need surgery.

In brief: Get re-checked
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine