What are the psychological effects of having bed bugs?

In brief: Not positive.

There was an infestation of spiders (venomous) at a complex i previously lived at.
I was afraid to sleep in my own bed. I felt the need to be vigilant in case any of the spiders were around - this made for poor sleep. It also made me feel powerless because i knew that even if i didn't see them, they were around & it seemed impossible to control the problem. I think the same would go for bed bugs.

In brief: Not positive.

It could hurt self- esteem if one perpetually has multiple visible lesions. Constant itching could lead to irritability & frustration.
Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: Bed bugs

Physiological effects aside, a person can become overly sensitive and even obsessed with cleansing and checking.

In brief: Bed bugs

Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali