I was given apo-indomethacin to treat pain from gout, and now I have a big doubt about it?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: You shouldn't

I am not sure what you are doubting as you did not say.
Rest assured, Indomethacin is a common medication employed in gout conditions. It is the antiinflammatory of choice employed by most doctors. Apo - implies it was a brand name. One of the common side effects is frontal headaches, specific for this medication. All nsaid's (anti-inflammatory) carry certain risks.

In brief: You shouldn't

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Angus Worthing

In brief: Why?

Doubt about gout or indomethacin? The drug can cause side effects which generally aren't caused by other medicines(colchicine, prednisone) so you could ask your doctor about those or any other concern.
A rheumatologist treats this kind of arthritis.

In brief: Why?

Dr. Angus Worthing
Dr. Angus Worthing

In brief: Gout

In addition to taking oral medication a cortisone injection can significantly increase relief.

In brief: Gout

Dr. Angelo Mitsos
Dr. Angelo Mitsos
Dr. Marsha Davis