I am having my wisdom tooth extracted, how should I prepare?

You Don't Need To. If you're having general anesthesia, you can't eat or drink for 12 hours prior to the surgery. You'll also need a driver. If it's under local anesthetic, that won't matter. Afterwards, you'll need to take it easy for a day or 2 and be on a soft diet. You generally won't miss work/school or anything. Avoid physical strain for a couple of days too. Get all the info before you schedule the procedure.
Follow Instructions. Follow the preop instructions that were hopefully given to you. If you are undergoing IV sedation or general anesthesia, do not eat or drink anything for at least 8 hours prior to surgery unless instructed otherwise. Wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves that can be rolled up and comfortable shoes, have someone accompany you that can drive you home. Get a good night of rest the night before.