I have been diagnosed as bipolar, put me on topiramate 25mg with Effexor (venlafaxine) 150mg. Whyyy?

Dr. Muhammad Munir
In brief: Bipolar disorder
Effexor (venlafaxine) is an anti depressant and topiramate is a mood stabilizer as classified in group of meds.
The goal is to keep your mood symptoms in a balance so neither depression nor extreme mood changes occur as both are damaging to the personal and social life as well as on brain its self.The balance keeps life easy and in harmony! please do discuss with your psychiatrist the diagnosis as well as meds.

In brief: Bipolar disorder
Dr. Muhammad Munir
Dr. Muhammad Munir
Dr. Alan Ali
In brief: Bipolar
Bipolar depression might benefit from antidepressants combined with mood stabilizers.
Effexor (venlafaxine) at low dose is antidepressant and topamax at higher dose can be mood stabilizer.

In brief: Bipolar
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Vikram Patel