What is the best way to treat eczema without topical steroid?

Depends on severity. Mild eczema is best treated with strict adherence to proper bathing routines, moisturizing creams & skin barrier repair measures. More severe eczema can be treated with all the above, but may also need more serious approaches like oral medications. This could include methotrexate, cellcept, (mycophenolate mofetil) and cyclosporine. Eczema can also be managed using phototherapy (narrow band uvb). See a dermatologist.