Has anyone developed fibromyalgia after being on prednisone for an extended time?

Dr. Michele Arnold
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: Another diagnosis?
There is no link between fibromyalgia and steroid use or steroid withdrawal.
However, prolonged Prednisone use is associated with a condition called 'steroid myopathy' which can mimic fibromyalgia. I'd recommend seeing a neurologist, physiatrist, or rheumatologist to help sort it out.

In brief: Another diagnosis?
Dr. Michele Arnold
Dr. Michele Arnold
Dr. John Overholt
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Unlikely
When a person stops taking Prednisone after having been on it for a long time, it is not uncommon to feel achy and "flu-ey" for a while.
The body has to ramp up its own cortisol production and it can take some time for the adrenal glands to wake up.

In brief: Unlikely
Dr. John Overholt
Dr. John Overholt
Dr. Vikram Patel