Should you have continent ileostomy if your ulcerative colitis is controlled?

No, unless preCA. Ileostomy is treatment for either ulcerative colitis that is resistant to medical rx, or if the colon needs to be removed for cancerous or pre=cancerous (dysplasia) changes. Otherwise, keep your colon.
No. If your uc is under control with medicine you don't need any operation. A continent ileostomy is reserved for patients who have already had a total proctcolectomy and want an ileosomy that can be controlled. It is not done as the first operative procedure except in rare circumstances. Did i understand the question?