What would weekly methotrexate injections do to a person?

Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: A mainstay for...

The treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis, and other inflammatory conditions! i administer to my patients mtx by the subcutaneous route, thereby insuring 100% absorption and bypassing stomach and liver. When given with folic acid, i rarely see significant problems for my patients!

In brief: A mainstay for...

Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Norman Levine
Dermatology

In brief: Psoriasis

Weekly injections of Methotrexate for psoriasis are an effective way to treat this chronic disease.
When monitored carefully, this drug is fairly safe for long term use. Its main potential side effects are increased risk of infections, liver dysfunction and blood count abnormalities.

In brief: Psoriasis

Dr. Norman Levine
Dr. Norman Levine
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham