Can one get permanent disability for spinal stenosis?

Dr. Danny Proffitt

One can have such a degree of spinal stenosis such that they would be disabled.
There may be surgical correction to rid one of the disability. I would hope you are looking at the positive side of this and to remain not disabled.

Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Possible

This depends on how physically impaired in terms of physical findings more with cervical levels leading to a myleopathy(dexterity/balance/spasticity) or radicular symptoms or findings of weakness/numbness or restricted by pain.
This may also be true for the lower back but you most likely would be ok with a sitting occupation if dealing with lumbar stenosis requiring little standing/walking.

In brief: Possible

Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Eric Weisman