If I am unhappy with the barnett continent intestinal reservoir or it doesn't work properly, what are my options?

Dr. Eric Kaplan
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: Options are:

I would recommend complete takedown of the pouch and conversion to a permanent ileostomy which should give you an excellent quality of life and a long term solution.
As you know the alternatives to an ileostomy are not always better.

In brief: Options are:

Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. James Fox

In brief: Change your question

You have asked this question several times and I have tried to re-route it to the proper specialist, but maybe you could re-phrase it to get a better result.
Your question is being routed due to a tag for "depression". Try asking "barnett continent intestinal reservoir doesn't work properly, what are my options?" and try to route it to a GI surgeon and hopefully you'll get a response that way.

In brief: Change your question

Dr. James Fox
Dr. James Fox
Dr. Marsha Davis