What is the best treatment for sciatica pain?

Options. You have multiple options, the mainstay of treatment are interdisciplinary and include physical therapy, acupuncture, medications (anti-inflammatories, nerve pain agents) and epidural steroid injections. Depending on your response surgery may need to be considered. There continue to be emerging technologies to treat sciatica in a minimally invasive fashion.
Stretching. Many times acute sciatic pain will resolves after stretching the area abit. The muscles will loosen up and help resolve pain. If not, then consider further imaging studies to see which exact nerve in your spine is getting pinched for further treatment options.
Varied. Sciatica is a symptom, a pattern of pain, for which there are various causes. Therefore there is no one best treatment, it depends on the cause. In most of my cases is due to sacroiliac joint dysfunction, i.e., hypermobility due to injury. Between 10 & 30% of persons with chronic low back pain have pain generation from this joint. Stabilization of the joint is foremost, via a fusion procedure.