Are there different types of ileostomy surgery?

There is primarily one type of ileostomy commonly performed, the straight or brooke ileostomy.
I am not sure if many are performing a koch pouch ileostomy anymore, which is a type of pouch used under the skin.

Dr. Mark Hoepfner
Dr. Mark Hoepfner
Dr. Michael Zadeh
Another type of ileostomy which is used is called a loop ileostomy. this is used in situations where diversion of gastrointestinal intestinal contents is needed
Dr. Wayne Wolf
Surgery

In brief: Ileostomy

Yes. A loop ileostomy will have two openings so it can decompress the colon and it can be put back together easily.
An end ileostomy only has one hole and is typically done when the colon is removed.

In brief: Ileostomy

Dr. Wayne Wolf
Dr. Wayne Wolf

There are a number of them done in the us and proponents for all of them.

Dr. Terry Simpson
Dr. Terry Simpson
Dr. Steven Seres