What should I think about while baby-proofing?

Dr. Ruben Rucoba
In brief: Think like a baby
Crawl around your house and see the world from your baby's point of view.
Anything that you can reach or pull can be dangerous: drape/blind cords, electrical outlets, cabinets with medicine or dangerous cleaning products, low-hanging tablecloths that can be pulled, an unprotected stairway, etc. Think like a baby: what happens when i pull this? Will this fit in my mouth? Can i climb onto the table?

In brief: Think like a baby
Dr. Ruben Rucoba
Dr. Ruben Rucoba
In brief: Think like a baby
Baby proofing is a constant process.
When you first start literally crawl around your house and look for little things you could put in your mouth, cords you could pull on to topple tvs onto your head, sharp corners you could run itno, drawers you could open with sharp objects inside... Everyday your child will show you something you could have childproofed a little bit better - learn from her.

In brief: Think like a baby
Baby proofing is a constant process.
Dr. Kathleen Forcier
Dr. Kathleen Forcier