Why do my bruises turn red and become itchy and raised in the sun? They look like crazy misqito bites but they are where my bruises are.

Dr. John Hanna
In brief: Itchy Injury
You are descibing what sounds like a histamine mediated symptom. Soft tissue injury usually results in the release of prostaglandins which ar chemicals in the body associated with inflammation.
There are individuals who have unusually large amounts of histamine in the skin and will respond like you descibe. You can test this, by running a nail ove your skin and see if you get a raised red line.

In brief: Itchy Injury
Dr. John Hanna
Dr. John Hanna