2 doctors weighed in:

What is anaphlactic shock?

2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Gerry Tolbert
Family Medicine
1 doctor agrees

In brief: Shock

Shock occurs when the blood flow to your organs is not sufficient to keep them working properly.
In anaphylactic shock, an allergic reaction to some substance (peanuts, bee venom, etc) causes a release of chemicals in the bloodstream that dilate blood vessels and cause swelling throughout the body. This drops blood pressure and can cause permanent organ damage or even death.

In brief: Shock

Shock occurs when the blood flow to your organs is not sufficient to keep them working properly.
In anaphylactic shock, an allergic reaction to some substance (peanuts, bee venom, etc) causes a release of chemicals in the bloodstream that dilate blood vessels and cause swelling throughout the body. This drops blood pressure and can cause permanent organ damage or even death.
Dr. Gerry Tolbert
Dr. Gerry Tolbert
Thank
Read more answers from doctors