Hi, using hot needles(under the fire) to pierce the skin will clear ance? A chinese dermatologist say it kills the bateria underneath. Icepickscar now

Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
Dermatology

In brief: Not a treatment!

I would strongly caution and advise against any treatment that is not proven (published in the medical literature).
There is no bacteria under ice pick scars and you risk developing further scars from burns & the potential for infection. There are many treatments that can help improve ice pick scars. Discuss options with a board certified dermatologist. Visit www.Asds.Net to find one near you.

In brief: Not a treatment!

Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
Dr. Norman Levine
Dermatology

In brief: Acne

This is a terrible idea.
Firstly, acne scarring is not an infection and there are no pathologic bacteria under acne scars. Secondly, poking yourself can produce scars itself.

In brief: Acne

This is a terrible idea.
Dr. Norman Levine
Dr. Norman Levine